Tuesday 5 May 2015

We have something to say!


We are all writers in Arataki!   Week 2 Term 2

Our challenge was to write a 50 word story using words that we identified from our reading as being powerful.

On a crisp autumn day, a family rapidly rattled down the station platform searching for Number 10. John, a tall, skinny man towered over people. John wore a pair of battered pants. At precisely 11 o'clock, Johns pants evaporated leaving him standing with no pants on! Everyone howled with laughter!     By Jenny  Room 21


My dog had a rash. It was especially itchy. My mum and dad thought it was dangerous so they took her to the vet. They went to speak to the vet. He explained it was the property. My mum and dad thought it was the food.  Hungry Dog. True Story!    By Jess Room 21

As the sunlight glistens, I stood viciously beside the net, clutching the volley ball, looking rigid. As the whistle blew, I outrageously hurled the ball; it swung back at full speed ... I dived ... but nothing in my outstretched arms. Paranoid, I slathered sunblock all over, ready for round two's revenge ...     By Megan Room 21

Augustus was convinced that wearing a toupee to the party was not cool.  But Jeffery just kept badgering him, saying "You'll look fabulously normal!"  What if it falls off? It will be a nightmare.  No one will know. It looks so real. Come on.   "Ok" relented Augustus, "I'll try it.
By Sebastian  Room 21

Leo the golden lion lay exhausted on his rock in Auckland Zoo. Among the crowd Lulu looked at Leo totally amazed. She loved adventuring and taking photos. As she clicked her camera, trying to capture the lion by the lagoon,  she mastered the perfect photo. Leo had winked at her!     By Ella D  Room 21

No comments:

Post a Comment