Saturday 16 May 2015

Water Wise again

Thursday May 7th 

Our last session of Water Wise.   Very changeable wind gusts on the lake made for some interesting conditions!

 Water-wise was very hard today because it was windy and hard to sail. When ever I turned I would almost capsize. I liked kayaking better than sailing because it was easier and it wasn't as hard as sailing. When most people came back to shore after sailing they cried, mostly girls because it was really scary.     Chloe

Hey guys! I'm back.
Water Wise is a water safety programme. You learn to Kayak, Sail, know what to do when you capsize and loads more!
Sailing didn't go too good today. Hardly did 1 lap! (By the way, we were doing this on Lake Pupuke, AKL, NZ) I got hid in the head 24 times, nearly capsized 7 times and grounded 2 times. You probably get the message that I'm not the good old Seaman. 
And what about Kayaking? Much better. Landed in Third Place, 0.6 seconds behind Daniel Ottenhof, which was in hot pursuit of Min Ryong Kim. 
What was the best part of those 3 hours? Kayaking straight through the the Seaweed.    Henry

Water wise Term 2 
7.5.15

Today (7th May) water wise was EPIC. We only did two things though, but these two activities are better than you think it is.
 They were sailing and kayaking. First we went and did sailing. I went and did 3 laps. You had to go around these some sort of bottles across Lake Pupuke. It was boring at the start and when the wind blew that was when I really woke up!
 Next up was kayaking. I already knew it was going to be fun and all but because of me and SOMEONE we blew the show up. Anyways the kayakers had to kayak all around the lake. I pretended that this was a race so I went hard core!

Eventually I had a opponent but I had the advantage because he had to help someone out. Like I said it was EPIC out there and hopefully we can do this again.     Min


No comments:

Post a Comment